Monday, October 25, 2010

No Nestle Week and Yes breastfeeding week

refashionista RT @that_danielle: Bloggers: write a post telling
abt yr concerns w Nestle let them know what you are doing about it. #noNestle #nonestle
about 11 hours ago via TweetGrid.com
Retweeted by phdinparenting and 2 others




clementinenw Boycotting Nestle due to harmful infant formula
marketing practices does not mean we judge moms who formula feed. #nonestle

 http://info.babymilkaction.org/news/campaignblog251010

Not still?  Wow! when my daughter was a baby, we were boycotting Nestle. We heard of thousandas of baby bottles on hillsides of graves in Africa. My daughter is in her 30s now. I thought Nestle had wised up and was not pushing their formula on the thrid world before my daughter went to elementary school! I sure didn't appreciate their insistence that I take formula home, along with a romance novel, from the hosptial. Of course I threw both away. I had a fine time nursing my baby -- even though that was not common back then. Wow! that is a great memory. I am SO GLAD I did the best for my child! Something went really right. And often that is the way it has been for me: do what I know is right, step aside from the commercial lemming culture. But boycotts ... well, power to you girls... but Nestle has not learned. How about this: why not go evangelize your peers. Let them know they need to do the best for their babies, and research or think for themselves, and not let people who want profits over well-being sell them.

Bless you for working for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment