Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving - or turning up the heat in the kitchen

I have a good guess what educators are thinking right now -- because I am too. "How can I get this grading done and still be ready for Thanksgiving. Oh my, and then there is the rush to end of term and Christmas." Public school educators are thinking "Okay, here goes again, the kids will be restless."  College instructors like me are thinking, "Well, after Christmas, my students will wake up and start turning things in; then I will really have work to do."  Home educators are thinking, "Right, now how will I keep assignments on track AND start decorating this house."  Did I guess right?

Around here, at Great Shalom, it is no different. I am so busy that my eyeballs are... but I am so grateful.  Furthermore, I am trying to remember that the curse is reversed, and I am in blessings. Therefore I should be in rest and not hard labor.  Still seeking the Lord about that one.

So it is probably a good time to pray.  And give thanks. So first let me take the opportunity to thank you all for listening, for praying, and for supporting the broadcast. Thanks especially to all those who contributed their labor, whether in prayer, advertising, or participation of any kind. We want to bless children, spread God's Word, and be obedient. We appreciate what you can do to help us.


THANKSGIVING PRAYER


Dear Heavenly Father,


We thank you so very much for so many things.


We thank you for all your blessings to us this year. Thank you for all your comfort in our hard times.
Thank you that you love us so much. Thank you for all that you have done for us.


Help us shine with that love as we celebrate the holidays with our families. Help us see opportunities to bless, to comfort, and to give. First in our own families, and then in with those around us, and finally to the far ends of the earth.


Help us love them, just as we would want the favored people of the world to think of us if we were in the less favored position. Help us be the hand that helps the orphan, the calms the widow's fear, and that plants for a good harvest in all things.


Lord, I ask for blessing upon these my friends and supporters. Bless them as they bless others. Give them blessings of prosperity, of feeling loved, and having someone to love. Blessings of joy, peace, and a boldness that is kind. Healing to your body, mind, and emotions. In Jesus' Name. Amen.


We thank you for all you do for us.
Sharon Sarles
The Great Shalom Broadcast Ministry, Inc. 50a(c)3
P.O. Box 971
Cedar Park, Texas USA 78630
www.greatshalom.org info@greatshalom.org

No comments:

Post a Comment