Friday, December 4, 2009

How about a responsible response to the recent classroom sexual assault?

So Lord, right now I admit that I don't really know the situation. I only know the news report, but Lord, I know you know. Holy Spirit, I ask you to pour into this situation. Comfort those that need comforting. Convict those that need conviction. Protect and educate all those who are open to it.
I speak Shalom and healing for these young people. I am not the judge of culpability, Lord, I do know that this is not the kind of behavior and outcomes you want for these children. You want them to be healthy, happy, holy, and to succeed. So we claim your shalom over these children. May they all receive a touch from you.


In the Name of Jesus, I speak healing, to you, darling girl. May Holy Spirit wrap you with warm comfort. May Jesus teach you safer paths. May all the holy angels protect you.


Heavenly Father, I know it is not your will that any should perish, but that all repent and receive eternal life. So I pray that these boys would repent, turn toward you, receive by faith your forgiveness AND your cleansing, your making them righteous. That they one day, may be representatives of your holiness, your goodness, your love.


We know that you are not willing that any should perish, so I pray that harvest come across the paths of these young people, to speak the right word at the right time, that they all be turned to you, and soon walking in your good ways.


Holy Spirit, we invite you in, into our hearts, into our institutions, our clubs, our schools, into our city. I thank you that your wisdom is ever available and I ask you to help the teacher and administrator to see what to do. Change our schools, our city, our nation into what you would have them be. Turn over our filthiness to you cleanliness. Turn over our apathy and stagnation, into the might river of your Spirit. Turn us, O Lord. And rescue our city, save it from the dark kingdom, and transfer it to the kingdom of your Dear Son. Give us a revelation, a revelation of our authority, our responsibility, our power. And we thank you for giving us so much. In Jesus' Name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment