Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Resignation

I am surprised and uncomfortable with the assumption of the necessity to resign oneself to status quo when it is a child who is needing healing, especially with learning issues. An older person, facing a grave illness, usually as a result of a lifetime of wrong choices will pursue healing -- with vigor -- through medicine, through improved lifestyle, and through miraculous means. Some retired people follow Benny Hinn around. RVs camp like a city around his meeting places. Okay, but what happens when their grandchild appears to have some trouble? Why be resigned then? This lie: "it is only genetic" rears up and people bow down. Poppycock! It doesn't even make sense. Oh, cancer is just genetic. Why then is there a significant increase in the younger population? Why are there geographic patterns? Oh, autism is ... well you just can't help it. Why then is there an increase from 3 in 10,000 children in the 1950s to 1 in 166 or more today? Rubbish! And even if something is genetic -- so what? Is God not about the genes?

I'm finding the parents of children with special needs need to hear about the possibility of healing. I am finding even my dearest sisters in the Lord, whom I would most expect to know about healing, need to be reminded about healing. I am finding I need to publish this with all the force I can. So, I will be posting about healing.

Be invited to write back. Thanks. SS

No comments:

Post a Comment