Monday, June 11, 2007

SETHSA convention report

SETHSA was great fun.

I discovered some innovative pedagogy. Talked with someone with a PhD in Education who agreed with me that the faculty of education was not the place to look for cutting edge thought. He has spent a great deal of time taking physiology courses, learning how the brain worked, but his committee told him to stop. He advised me not to bother seeking a doctorate in Education.

I greatly enjoyed Mrs. Woodard's presentation. She has 18 children, most adopted with multiple disabilities. She shared encouragement and practical tips.

I met an educator affilitated with a group that offers classes to families and a couple of congregations invested in home education. Are there any of those in Austin?

There were all kinds of people, learned and not, moms and dads, vendors bright and not. It was very stimulating. Thanks to the SETHSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment